A Beach Getaway at Independence Hotel

A historic property located on a private beach in Sihanoukville, Independence Hotel is an elegant resort surrounded by lush tropical forest and offers beautiful sea views.The New Khmer architecture is said to reflect the country’s optimism after gaining independence in the 50s – the interior of the hotel is now a fusion of sleek contemporary lines and traditional Khmer influences.References to the hotel’s past in the form of period photography from Cambodia’s Golden Age are displayed throughout the hotel. The History Lounge creates an ‘old-school’ luxury vibe to showcase the former guests from the 60s (including Jackie O)!This is a resort that feels both sophisticated and laid-back, ensuring you are fully relaxed during your stay.

The Room

The Deluxe Rooms are incredibly spacious with bright touches creating a welcoming space.The bathroom offers a deep bathtub with a window into the main room, meaning you are able to check out the sea views when you’re taking a soak!Of course the most impressive feature of the room has to be the floor to ceiling picture windows, letting in an abundance of light and showcasing the amazing scenery.

The Beach

Boasting a pristine stretch of white sand, turquoise sea and a long pier, Independence is the ultimate beach escape.
Having it’s own private beach, the resort provides a much quieter experience than other options in the area, making this the perfect place to unwind.The Verdict

This resort offers bright and spacious rooms that are great value for money. Located in a peaceful area surrounded by nature, the hotel works hard to maintain a tranquil environment.The incredible views from the room alone, make Independence Hotel a stand out option.

Disclaimer: We stayed as a guest of Independence Hotel. However, as always, all opinions and photography are my own.

22 Comments

1. April 29, 2017 / 11:16 pm

That hotel is gorgeous!! And the beach is the icing on the cake. It’s nice how your room had a perfect view of the beach!

2. Susan
    April 30, 2017 / 2:34 am

Amazing pictures and blog as always always want to visit the places you talk about

3. April 30, 2017 / 3:21 am

I’ve only visited Sihanoukville once, and I stayed in a hostel. However, next time I think I may splurge a bit and stay here, because wow this is gorgeous! I love the contemporary feeling of it whilst still keeping in Khmer Style! Oh and that beach is just amazing! Thanks for sharing!

• May 14, 2017 / 7:41 pm

Hi Emma,

It’s worth splurging – especially because the prices really affordable for this level establishment. Obviously, a hostel in Cambodia is much cheaper but we all deserve to treat ourselves occasionally 🙂

4. April 30, 2017 / 6:06 am

The hotel looks so beautiful and you have portrayed it really well with your pictures. I love a hotel that displays so much history and this looks like a winner for when we take our trip to Cambodia next year. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful place with us

5. April 30, 2017 / 7:49 am

oh wow! this place looks like paradise to be in! That idea with the tub having a window is..interesting at least for those who might be a bit shy, but it sure offers a great view! And I love the sandy beach, the perfect place for relaxation. I will share it with one of my friends who is planning a trip in that part of the world for this November 🙂

• May 14, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Hi Ingrid,

Haha yes, there is actually a pull down blind for the bathroom – so you can make it private! But if you want the view, you can have that too!

Thanks for sharing with your friend. I’d definitely recommend this little corner of Cambodia.

6. April 30, 2017 / 8:21 am

What a beautiful resort. I love the modern architecture with the old (style) statues. A deep bathtub with ocean views sounds amazing– I want to go right now!

7. April 30, 2017 / 8:45 am

The hotel looks so spacious, bright, clean and inviting. And fancy having it’s very own beach! Who wouldn’t want to stay there! This would definitely be on my itinerary when visiting Cambodia!

8. Julianne
    April 30, 2017 / 11:33 pm

This looks like a hotel I’d definitely want to stay in when visiting Cambodia! I liked the photos that you took of the architecture, so it was interesting to learn that it reflects Cambodia’s optimism after gaining independence in the 1950s. Great pictures! Would love to stay at a place with a private beach!

• May 14, 2017 / 7:36 pm

Hi Julianne,

Right? The hotel has so much history! Hope you get to visit the Kingdom of wonder soon 🙂

9. May 1, 2017 / 1:17 am

Independence Hotel looks like the perfect place to stay on a visit to Sihanoukville. I love the idea of a private beach. The room looks so luxurious and the bed so comfy!

10. May 1, 2017 / 5:05 am

The rooms look spacious and comfortable and the vistas of the sea from the room are awe-inspiring. A private beach sounds great. Loved the sculpture and artwork all around the Independence Hotel adds to the aura.

11. May 1, 2017 / 10:09 am

I’ve always wanted to visit Cambodia! This resort looks gorgeous. Very elegant and luxurious. And that private beach looks amazing!

• May 14, 2017 / 7:35 pm

Cambodia is such a wonderful country – hope you can visit soon!

12. May 1, 2017 / 2:27 pm

This trip looks amazing – it is making me want to plan another tropical getaway asap!

Olivia | Prep Essentials

13. May 1, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Stunning pictures! I love the stay with a view!

• May 14, 2017 / 7:33 pm

I agree – the views are practically the best part 🙂

14. May 1, 2017 / 3:19 pm

Gorgeous place, I love the decor… But honestly you had me at beach 😂

15. May 1, 2017 / 7:10 pm

Sihanoukville sounds like an interesting destination. I like luxury properties which have a private beach. I stayed in 2 such properties in Aqaba and Dead Sea in Jordan. His property looks so good. I can spend all day just lazing here.

16. Kristin
    May 22, 2017 / 8:22 pm

This place looks beautiful – I love how quiet the beaches are and pristine.