Wild wine tasting with Malibu Wine Safaris.

A visit to Saddlerock Ranch with Malibu Wine Safaris was one of the best experiences during my time in LA.We joined the Explorer Giraffe Safari, this is a wine tasting gone wild! As well as enjoying the area’s best wines, you get to meet the wildlife on the ranch. We got to feed llamas, zebras, yaks and alpacas – all of which have amazing names. From Llama del Ray and Kendrik Llama to Justin Zeiber!You explore the ranch and vineyards in an open air safari vehicle! The tour includes two wine tasting stops where you can sample the delicious local wines, trying three reds and three whites in the picturesque surroundings. Of course, the highlight of the day is meeting Stanley the Giraffe! He’s a true Hollywood star and  we got to feed him lots of lettuce – which he couldn’t get enough of. He always has time to take some selfies with his fans and definitely knows how to work the camera angles haha!Malibu Wine Safari

Would you like to visit Malibu Wine Safaris? Let me know your thoughts!

16 Comments

1. August 1, 2017 / 4:30 am

I had no idea that I could combine two of my favorite things – wine and animals. A safari is on my bucket list – how fun to be able to pair it with a wine tour. We will have to make this happen. Thank you!

• September 17, 2017 / 8:50 pm

Haha awesome, Darcee! Hope you make it out to Malibu Wine Safaris soon. The wine is delicious and Stanley is very friendly.

2. August 12, 2017 / 10:34 am

This sounds like such a fantastic and unique experience! Adorable animals in Malibu with wine! I’m putting this on my “Must-Do” list for when I’m in the area. Thanks for sharing!

• September 17, 2017 / 8:51 pm

Thanks Ania! Hope you get to meet Stanley soon 🙂

3. August 13, 2017 / 12:08 pm

Wow what a great wine tasting experience. It seems like such a unique thing to do and looks super fun. Thanks for sharing. I would love to do this some day!

4. August 14, 2017 / 7:33 am

what a different experience! loved your photo’s we have Giraffe’s here in Africa hopefully one day you can come see our country.

5. August 14, 2017 / 5:02 pm

I would love to visit! I’m not even a huge wine drinker, but the scenery there and the animals are plenty to attract even non wine aficionados. What a cool experience!

• September 17, 2017 / 8:55 pm

Hi Diana,

I’d say the tour is still great for non-drinkers. They have beautiful scenery and you get to explore the ranch as well as meeting all of the animals 🙂

6. August 16, 2017 / 8:47 am

Wine trails are one thing but Wine mixed with Safari? That’s new and I must say that it is an interesting idea. They also seem to have collected a lot of exotic animals. Hope they are taken care of well.

• September 17, 2017 / 8:57 pm

Hi Jitaditya,

The animals certainly are well looked after – they are mostly rescue animals and now have a whole ranch to live on.
      It’s a unique tour and definitely one to check out if you like wine and beautiful Californian scenery 🙂

7. August 16, 2017 / 11:03 am

Wow at first it sounds so opposite to go drink wine and mixing it with a safari. The more we went though the article, this sounds like a blast! Can’t wait to do it!

8. August 16, 2017 / 7:16 pm

I have done Wildlife safaris but never something like this where its about wine tasting as well meeting some interesting animals too. Sounds like great fun. I would love to do this..

9. August 17, 2017 / 6:55 am

Wine and Wildlife, now that’s a killer combination. I would totally dig for such kind of an experience. Really loved your pictures, especially the Giraffe one.

10. August 17, 2017 / 10:32 am

Animals and wine… together! What fun!! It looks like such an interesting concept and I would love to try it. The landscapes look stunning as well!

11. August 18, 2017 / 3:22 am

Wine tasting gone wild? Where do I sign up? This looks like a ton of fun and your pictures and writing really conveyed that!

• September 17, 2017 / 8:58 pm

Haha Christopher, get yourself to Malibu. Californian wine, sunshine and celebrity giraffes – white more could you want?